Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Leaking toilet

On 10/9/2016 7:54 AM, HeyBob wrote:
On 10/09/2016 12:17 PM, philo wrote:
When one of the owners investigated it seemed the tenant had a leaking
toilet and never bother to inform the land lord! Still the $1600 bill
seemed very high. I guess the toilet was running pretty fast but ...wow.

Hopefully they kicked the tenant out and and did not refund the
security deposit...but is there any recourse for them?

My guess is "no" but had the utility billed once a month like all
companies do...the problem would have been caught a lot sooner.

Was there a maximum water usage clause in the rental agreement?

No, but I bet there will be for the next tenant!