Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CRT TV Disposal/Recycling

On Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 2:48:11 PM UTC-5, TomR wrote:
In ,
typed:
I have been known to take out the CRT and break it into small pieces
and feed it out in the regular garbage over a period of a few weeks,
and find a place to take the rest of the set Without the CRT, there
are a few places still taking electronics.

That is starting to become my theory -- smash it up into pieces, separate
out what can be separated, then put plastic pieces in plastic recycle, metal
in metal recycle (or put out for scrappers), etc, and hide the rest of the
pieces in regular trash. Having to pay someone to take it so they can do
essentially the same thing seems stupid to me.

I can see a market for home shredding machines that run off a 5hp 240vac, gasoline or Yanmar diesel engine. Perhaps a mobile shredding service to shred a homeowner's junk for them and let them dispose of it as they wish. It could be a good way to make a few extra bucks as long as you kept it in the underground economy. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Shredded Monster