Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.windows7.general
Andy[_39_] Andy[_39_] is offline

Default Cable Modem Help

They can figure out the taxes and fees for you they are just to lazy to do
the math.
I have had them do it many times when i make adjustments to my services.

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"rickman" wrote in message
On 10/8/2016 3:26 AM, Robert Baer wrote:
krw wrote:
On Fri, 07 Oct 2016 03:19:07 -0800, Robert Baer
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Thu, 06 Oct 2016 08:34:51 -0700, Ken
wrote:

On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 20:28:59 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 16:29:23 -0700, Ken
wrote:

On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 15:45:10 -0400, wrote:

About like the Direct TV droids who accost me in stores. I tell
them,
loudly, that their service sucks so bad that even as bad as AT&T
has
been, it's worlds better than DTV. ...and I get Netflix now.

What don't you like about Direct TV? I've been using them for the
last
few months, and so far they've been fine.

Dropout every time a cloud rolls by (not quite that bad, but...).
They
promised that they could fix that but never did.

As I said, I've had only a little experience with them, but I've
never
had a problem anything like that. The only dropout we've had was for
about ten minutes during a severe thunderstorm.

Surly
representatives. Charging for the repair of *their* equipment.

I've had no experience with either (except for the man who installed
it, and he was very pleasant and helpful).

Cost.

Our only alternative is Comcast, and they are substantially less
expensive than Comcast.

Are you comparing teaser rates to normal rates? AT&T was about the
same price as DTV but includes Internet. DSL was more than $50/mo and
while neither is perfectly reliable, the fiber is better and 50x
faster than DSL.
I do not think that there are any "teaser" rates; now advertized
rates is anther story.

You're wrong, of course.

Those are always bull****, since all of the taxes and fees are
studiously not included.

Irrelevant.

Actual cost is always about double the ad rates.

No.

Dew tell; give *one* verifiable example.

EVERY ad i have seen: throw-away fliers (Comcast,Dish) in mailbox, ads
from provider (Comcast in my case), newspaper blow-in ads, etc wave
banners about "ONLY" blah blah and 6 point multi-liner that talks about
(BUT NO QUOTES) taxes, fees, installation, etc.
Give us an example where the rate quoted is correct (or even in the
ballpark).

I have tried to ask about the fees and "taxes" and been told they don't
know, seems the billing computer is the only entity that actually knows
the amount of taxes. Once when I called to ask about the quarterly billed
"franchise fee" and who it was going to, I was told they didn't know and I
would have to ask my franchise contact.

--

Rick C