Jerry G.

Default My Sony KV-X2572U - Has it Finally Expired ?

The CRT is completely gone, going by your description. Also, there are
probably faults in the power supply, and or scan circuits, because you
mentioned that the picture started to skew a bit.

This would be an awful expensive repair, and well not worth it, if you were
to do it. And, being an older set, future problems will not be predictable.
Servicing your set would be a bad investment.

If you do not like the 16:9 sets, there are some very good deals on the 4:3
HDTV sets out there. If you stay with a very high end consumer set, you
will do well with these new sets. Always take an extended warranty with a
new set. If it goes defective after the first year, it will be very
expensive to service, if you do not have an extended warranty.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Kaal" wrote in message
About a year ago my Sony KV-X2572U developed a fault - if the picture being
displayed had white/bright areas, the colour temperature would suddenly rise
(warm/pink on white areas), then drop away when the bright area disappeared
from the picture (becoming blue/cold looking), before returning to normal -
it was put into a local repair shop where they diagnosed (as far as I can
remember) low output from one of the guns, which they said required a CRT
replacement to fix.

As the TV was still quite 'watchable', in addition to the fact that I was
not impressed by the new W/S sets I looked at, I decided to stick with it
until it became 'unwatchable' or it 'died'.

Later on last year, I started, on occasion, to notice subtle black and red
horizontal lines. After a few weeks, these seemed to largely disappear, and
up until approx. 3 weeks ago, they were only visible on rare occasions.
Recently, however, these have returned, being visible at various times on a
daily basis, and more pronounced that they used to be.

Yesterday, I switched the TV on and just as the picture began to appear, it
'skewed' slightly & sort of 'flashed', then went black. When I now switch
on, the Nicam indicator lights come on, but no picture - after a short time,
the light which normally indicates reception of a remote command, starts
flashing.

Has my Sony finally expired?

TIA.