Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kinda OT ... motor speed control

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 8 Oct 2016 13:08:39 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

David Billington wrote:
On 08/10/16 18:02, Terry Coombs wrote:
David Billington wrote:
A poly V belt can be used to drive a bare drum if the drum is IIRC
10x or more the driving pulley size without a problem. There is a
good Contitech design guide for their poly v belts and it mentions
it in there. They've been doing washing machines that way for
decades.
--
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do
good, too, then doing well will never be enough.

I've been using a poly v "serp" belt in place of the flat belt
on my Logan lathe for years . And did you mean dryers ? Most every
dryer I've ever worked on used a poly v to drive the drum .
Those too and I expect many other similar items out there. I didn't
think dryer as I've never owned one, I just hang my clothes on the
line in the garden or on the radiators in the winter when wet.

We line dry too . but also have a dryer for those times the weather
won't allow hanging out ... just a note - puppies and clotheslines
aren't always a happy mix .

You guys can HAVE your dogs. http://tinyurl.com/zrmbpjy and
http://tinyurl.com/zvyp7ds, just to start.

So curb yer mutt, fence off the drying lines, or hang 'em higher.
Better yet, nix the dog altogether.
/dog lover/hater

I'm so sorry you feel that way . Any dog that chews and destroys his
master's stuff needs a new master . Max (11 week old Mountain Cur mix) has a
bunch of stuff beatin' around on the floor to chew on . His attention span
is short , and variety is important to keeping him engaged .
--
Snag