Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.windows7.general
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Cable Modem Help

On Sat, 8 Oct 2016 13:07:56 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 10/08/2016 02:26 AM, Robert Baer wrote:

[snip]

Actual cost is always about double the ad rates.

No.

Dew tell; give *one* verifiable example.

EVERY ad i have seen: throw-away fliers (Comcast,Dish) in mailbox, ads
from provider (Comcast in my case), newspaper blow-in ads, etc wave
banners about "ONLY" blah blah and 6 point multi-liner that talks about
(BUT NO QUOTES) taxes, fees, installation, etc.
Give us an example where the rate quoted is correct (or even in the
ballpark).

You made the claim. Back it up!

"double" may be an exaggeration. Maybe not. Anyway, the actual cost can
be a lot higher.

A big exaggeration.

Once I had phone service that had everything (local service, unlimited
long distance, caller ID, call waiting, etc...), advertised price "ONLY"
$39.95. The actual billed amount was above $55 (essentially, $39.95 was
a lie).

I can believe that. Most of those "fees" are fixed, not based on the
service. You'd pay the same if it were a $150 plan (whatever it might
include).