Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wieber "Engineering"

On Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 11:12:15 AM UTC-4, Please! wrote:

I have never claimed to be a PE. My company name never indicated I was
a PE. IVE never claimed to be a PE. I dont have the background nor
education to be a PE.

And yet you claim to "do" engineering "every day!"

One can do engineering whether or not you are a licensed professional engineer .

I did engineering pretty much every day when I was working, but never bothered to get a P.E. license. The most obvious example was when I did all the calculations for prefabbed houses. I did all the calculations , but we had to have a P.E. review the data and stamp the drawings.

And locally there are a bunch of Engineers that volunteer at the " Wilmington Western Railroad." Of course the conductor is the one in charge, but most of the volunteers seem to want to be the engineer.

And then when I was at Chiniac , there were a bunch of techs and just a few engineers. Not counting the operating engineers who ran the diesel generators.

Dan