Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.windows7.general

Default Cable Modem Help

On 10/08/2016 02:26 AM, Robert Baer wrote:

[snip]

Actual cost is always about double the ad rates.

No.

Dew tell; give *one* verifiable example.

EVERY ad i have seen: throw-away fliers (Comcast,Dish) in mailbox, ads
from provider (Comcast in my case), newspaper blow-in ads, etc wave
banners about "ONLY" blah blah and 6 point multi-liner that talks about
(BUT NO QUOTES) taxes, fees, installation, etc.
Give us an example where the rate quoted is correct (or even in the
ballpark).

"double" may be an exaggeration. Maybe not. Anyway, the actual cost can
be a lot higher.

Once I had phone service that had everything (local service, unlimited
long distance, caller ID, call waiting, etc...), advertised price "ONLY"
$39.95. The actual billed amount was above $55 (essentially, $39.95 was
a lie).

--
78 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

In Ottawa the xians put up an "abortion stills a beating heart" poster
outside the local abortion clinic. Someone wrote over it:

"A christian
with a gun stills a beating heart."