Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kinda OT ... motor speed control

David Billington wrote:
A poly V belt can be used to drive a bare drum if the drum is IIRC 10x
or more the driving pulley size without a problem. There is a good
Contitech design guide for their poly v belts and it mentions it in
there. They've been doing washing machines that way for decades.

--
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do
good, too, then doing well will never be enough.

I've been using a poly v "serp" belt in place of the flat belt on my Logan
lathe for years . And did you mean dryers ? Most every dryer I've ever
worked on used a poly v to drive the drum .
--
Snag