Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default minor gloat CO2 tank

On Sat, 08 Oct 2016 03:41:26 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Oct 2016 22:43:18 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

CABG's (cardiac arterial bypass grafts) are not categorically "only
good for 5-7 years". PLenty of people are walking around 20+ years
post CABG.

The problem is that many who have such surgery continue the lifestyles
that contributed to their needing it, so the likelihood of blockages
recurring for them is somewhere between high and certain.

I had quintuple CABG over 8 years ago. After a recent annual routine
checkup my cardiologist told me I can (and should) do anything I want,
and let's make the interval between checkups two years rather than
one. I feel better now than I did 7 years ago.

My cardiac ejection fraction six months post op was about 25%. Normal
is in the neighborhood of 50%. I was told then that was about as good
as it would ever get for me. Now, 8 years later, my last checkup
showed that my e.f. is about 45%, nearly normal.

Lifestyle changes: nothing major other than I quit smoking the day of
my surgery and have not had a puff since. I pay reasonable but not
fanatic attention to healthy diet: I fry my fish in butter and I
enjoy red meat a couple of times a week. I get off my butt to walk
briskly for awhile most days but I'm certainly no hero beyond that.

Excellent news, Don. And butter is a hell of a lot better for you
than that hydrogenated margarine poison. I use 2:1 coconut oil with
butter, melted just enough to blend. It's tasty and my omelets come
out nicely browned, crisp, and tasty. Try it. (You, too, Gunner)

Thans Don. They are still trying to determine where the Bradycardia
comes from. They have played with my normal daily meds a bit...and its
not changing my heart beat much. But all is good so far. My 10 minute
work outs have dropped to 5 minute workouts, simply because I dont
have enough blood flow. Shrug I have great expectations for a fix.

Best of luck, mon. Maybe try slightly lighter workouts for slightly
longer periods so your oxygenated blood flow keeps up? You'll figure
it out. After straining a psoas a couple weeks ago, I've cut way back
on exercise for now.

And Ive not had a cigarette in 18 hours. Getting better.

Most Excellent, DUUUUUDE. Congrats. The first couple days are the
worst, so you're well on your way to smoke-free nirvana. (Talked the
old lady into quitting yet?) When you feel like a cig, walk outside,
take several deep, deep breaths, chanting the Money Hum (Om mani padme
hum) during each, and walk back inside. Worked for me. LOL

--
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do
good, too, then doing well will never be enough.