Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Jaguar Landrover

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 23:41:55 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

Jaguar Landrover opening a new manufacturing plant in Slovakia.

http://www.jaguarlandrover.com/gl/en...y-in-slovakia/
Wonder how long it'll be before they shut the Solihull one down?
Lift and shift.
Benefits of globalisation.

And no one has yet offered any guarantees that *if* we do actually
leave the EU we won't see more of the same.

Chances are we will. If we can't get a free trade deal afterwards, why
would any international maker want to manufacture here? With high energy,
labour and infrastructure costs on top of any tariff?

And that will placate some of the racist / bigoted Brexiteers because
all those 'foreign people' coming here to work (and consume and pay
taxes) will then go elsewhere!

Harry probably thinks JLR is still a UK owned firm. Oh - and if he doesn't
like the EU giving grants etc, is he going to be happy to pay back those
the UK got

--
*It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.