Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wieber "Engineering"

On Fri, 07 Oct 2016 14:44:36 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 12:32:05 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 2:24:22 PM UTC-4, Preston Hamblin wrote:

As far as Wieber passing any engineering tests, I expect that one
probably has to have an engineering degree in order to sit for the
exams. I'm not positive one must have graduated law school, for
example, to sit the bar exam, but I would expect so.

licensing of engineers and lawyers vary by state. But I do not think you need to have an engineering degree to be certified. I do know that in Virginia you can take the bar exam without having graduated from law school. My sister passed the bar exam there a year before graduating from law school.

Dan

Absolutely correct. In most states..the title Professional Engineer
requires a license or certification. There is some differences of
course...Systems Engineer ..IE a Microsoft certified Engineer is not
the same as a PE which is not the same as a Sanitary Engineer etc etc

I have never claimed to be a PE. My company name never indicated I was
a PE. IVE never claimed to be a PE. I dont have the background nor
education to be a PE.

Yet I do engineering for pay on occasion. Which is quite legal. There
are millions of people out there in the business world who are just
like me.

When the State discovered I was not..not advertising as a PE..they
appologized and dropped the case. The reason they filed in the first
place...someone here..had set me up...had put me in an obscure
database inside of a techincal magazine as a PE. A periodical Id never
heard of before. One that I didnt know existed.

Whoa! I do hope you asked the California District Attorney to look
into it for you. They can see to it that karma happens.

I had 2 different property management companies in Nebraska and
Indiana try to screw me during my decade long run as a handyman. The
DA in NE got my measly $285 for me after about 9 months. (They had
sent me a check for $18.20. snort) And the DA in IN said "We can't
do anything for you, sorry. It's a personal matter." WTF? When I put
up a stink about it on their local BBB website, a rep from the company
said that she was sorry, and that a check would be forthcoming.
Evidently, the person doing the screwing was in FL and the IN company
had received several complaints about her already. The whopping $165
check showed up 2 weeks later. I, too, take being screwed seriously.

As I stated quite clearly after the fact...when I was made aware of
it...I contacted the periodical, asked WTF..and they sent me data
indicating someone besides myself...had asked for my data to be
included in their Professional Engineers listing. Via email.

Then and only then..after waiting a few months..they..the party that
had asked for the data to be listed as PE....complained to the State
of California.

Hey! There are laws against doing that! sigh

Best of luck in helping return their karma...without getting some bad
karma passed to yourself in the process.

--
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do
good, too, then doing well will never be enough.