Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
graham[_5_] graham[_5_] is offline

Default american made general

On 10/7/2016 1:27 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 16:35:47 -0600
graham wrote:

The Canadian Oneway is also successful.

do you or anyone here know if there is a list of equipment made in
north america

For lathes, the only ones that I know are Oneway and Robust. I think
there are some small companies making turning tools (Oneway does) but
the most of the best still come from Sheffield with some from Australia
and NZ.

a reliable list that receives regular scrutiny

in the face of competition being made at home is a strong selling
point so just for that fact i would expect to see more made here

It's difficult to compete with China and Taiwan.
Graham