Sam Goldwasser

Default Yamaha R-8 Receiver (Attn: Leonard Caillouet et al)

"Richard Steinfeld" writes:

My R-8 receiver has lost its memory. I'm trying to determine
whether to have the memory cap/battery replaced, use it as a
power amplifier only with a separate control preamp, or what?
When you say, "low point," what do you mean? Is it construction,
parts, sound? I've not been able to come up with much information
about this product so I'd appreciate knowing more.

Mine lost its memory when powered off about 10 years ago. It still retains
memory if turned off via the remote. Is that the same with yours? I believe
there is a supercap or something similar in there that retains the memory.
I have the schematics and check but it never was important enough to repair.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.