Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Benderthe.evilrobot Benderthe.evilrobot is offline

Default Think twice before you buy Duracell batteries

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per :

However: I do believe that Roosevelt and the U.S. military knew an attack
was imminent.

This is sort of tangential, but when I was stationed in Hawaii I worked
the 4-to-midnight shift and used to hitchhike into Waikiki every morning
during summer surf season.

Got a few very interesting rides - and one of them was an old guy who
claimed to be operating the radar up by Wheeler AFB the day of the
attack.

His story was something to the effect of "This radar stuff was new to
everybody and we were considered to be sort of on the fringe..... but we
saw the attack planes coming on the radar, tried to alert the higher
ups, but did not get anywhere."

I cannot recall whether the higher-ups just didn't believe them or
whether they attributed the sighting to some expected flight of aircraft
approaching from the mainland.... but there's not doubt in my mind that
the old guy was telling it like he experienced it.

A flight of B17s was due, but I think the "incoming" reported by the radar
operators was from the wrong direction.

The base was "on alert" - but didn't do much about