Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Think twice before you buy Duracell batteries

In article ,
says...

Roosevelt did not want to declare war on the Axis without direct provocation, and the "surprise" attack by Japan provided that. The sneak attack changed America's perception of the war overnight and recruitment offices were flooded the next day and continued on.

But I also want to be clear in that I believe that no one in the U.S. military or Roosevelt himself could have possibly foreseen the devastation that that attack on Pearl delivered. The only thing "surprise" about the Dec 7th attack was the brilliance planning and execution of it.

John
Wolcott, CT

While we lost a lot of good men, the ships that were sank and dammaged
and the aircraft were a bunch of left over old junk. The main ships
(aircraft carriers) were not there at the time. I believe that was a
setup just to get Japan to attack ,but not suffer too much of a loss to
the US.