Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Troubleshooting OLD Remote (for Gas Fireplace)

Now, I know that most of us here are best described as "tight" with the pennies, holding on until either Abe or the good Queen howls.

However, as I mentioned most gas log makers source from generic suppliers - and here is one:

http://www.hearthsidedistributors.co...emote-Controls

Somewhere on that device will be either a manufacturer, serial or model number. So, you might be able to call the maker and get how to adjust the sender, or replace the sender entirely. Or replace the sender and receiver entirely.

Given how stubborn I am, writing for myself, I would try to work it out with the resources already in hand.

BTW: 01110111 = 119 in binary. 00111110 = 62

They both have 8 digits. About all they share.

http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/bi...imal-converter

Are you sure that the receiver is active and receiving?

Best of luck with this - I just cleaned out our gas-log preparing for winter.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA