Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Solar energy generated in the UK.overtook coal last Summer.

On Wed, 5 Oct 2016 23:26:02 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 22:46:37 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On 5 Oct 2016 18:09:57 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 08:56:10 -0700, harry wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...ctricity-coal-
power-stations-uk-sun-a7344326.html

Real partial statistics. What about gas and nuclear?

A how much did this 'solar electricity' *cost* us (where us is not
including those with no ethics or morals etc). ;-)

And winter is coming. Anyone spouting the benefits of solar as a
real-world solution to anything (especially one that is creating a
cutback in anything more reliable) should be made to 1) rely on it
100% 24/7 and 2) not be subsidised by other electricity users.

PV has it's uses ... like trickle charging a battery or running a
wireless shed light but till the sun stops disappearing for quite a
percentage of every 24 hours or we find a realistic / efficient way of
storing the energy ... it's not a practical solution to anything and
is never likely to be positive environmentally (even if / when we run
out of fossil fuels). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

It means less crap in the atmosphere.

No it doesn't, unless you think all the materials they are made of
just occur naturally?

And less dependency of foreign fuel.

Only when the sun is shining! Like I said when you have the balls to
go off grid and stop ponsing off others then maybe, just maybe you
will have earned the right to even speak of any of it.

It's all happening whether you like it or not

Yes, for now, but you wait till the revolution brother and I'm afraid
you will be one of the first against the wall. ;-(

/capable of understanding it

snip

The irony here of course is I *am* more than capable of understanding
it by the fact I'm not parasiteing off others in some subsidised
bubble.

I have had an EV and using solar panels for as long or possibly longer
than you (and still have a Sinclair C5) but I am yet to see any
evidence that either solve any real energy or pollution issues, in
fact both are probably the reverse. *When* we have abundant and
*truly* green energy available 24/7 and we have carbon neutral
chemistry (or 100% recyclable) in batteries or energy storage then we
might be getting close. A compressed air powered car, charged by your
own wind powered pump for example (and not necessarily a serious one).

Less reliance on 'foreign fuel' will only happen when we build more
nukes or the sun starts shining or the wind keeps blowing 24/7.

Now, if we could only harness all your BS and hot air we would be
sorted! ;-)

Cheers, T i m