sam

Default Macrovision hack?

On 13 Mar 2004 23:56:33 -0800, (No Time) wrote:

sam wrote in message . ..
On 10 Mar 2004 22:25:13 -0800,
(No Time) wrote:

Well said. As an American, I find it very sad that so many other fellow
Americans are so willing, even eager and aggressive, to give up their
rights. How shameful.

It's incredibly disengenuous to link the "rights" you have as a DVD
consumer with the rights that "as an American" implies. If I had the
confidence that your verbal diahrrea was intentional, I'd put a gun in
my mouth this very instant, fearing and loathing a society that could
produce someone so amoral.

Well, if you're saying that there's a chance you might take your own life then providence
should be thanked.

Providence. LOL

(does anyone have the faintest idea what he's laughing at?)

What a disgusting piece of **** you are.

Don't have a heart attack

I'm merely revolted by you - neither life-threatening nor coronary-inducing.
that I destroyed the disengenuous twit

destroyed?...hardly....you're too incoherent to form a reasoned argument.

who
was having an embolism over not being able to "backup" "his" DVD's
anymore.

Which putrefying hole do you appalling
"holier-than-thou" cranks inhabit and breed in?

The internet didn't change morality one iota

... insofar as the global post-civilized 'morality' has never been quantifiable this claim
is meaningless.

and that upsets you a
great deal.

it's because your premise, above, is invalid that I couldn't possibly be less upset.

Try prozac.

you're the one threatening suicide.

There's a universe of ethical problems to
ponder over nowadays, and all you can find to fuss over is the world-threatening issue of
DVD copying.

I'll leave that to philosophy majors

I majored in and taught other subjects but I'm not ashamed to be interested in philosophy.
However, I see your point and in your shoes I would leave all serious reasoning to others.

like you who spend their precious
few minutes away from the unemployment office

way beyond that - retraité en France

wowing dullards on
usenet with their ability to type and read a thesaurus at the same
time....

....while riding a unicycle perhaps?...in truth I enjoy good writing but clearly your
aspirations are closer to circus clowning. (I never use a thesaurus and I would recommend
you do the same - your prose is suffering because of it)

How does someone who can simultaneously complain about another poster's hyperbolae while
finding the uncertain ethical issues associated with intellectual property so cut-and
dried and world-dominating actually manage to find his legs marching in the same
direction.

ZZZzzzzz, snore, snkk...HUH, oh, wow, that was fascinating. Anyway, I
must've missed your response to his idiotic implication that giving up
our "rights" to archive DVD's will lead us down the dark path to
tyranny. But we both know why you kept your trap shut on that one.

you've been so hopelessly wrong on every other assumption it almost pains me to tell you
you're wrong yet again....perhaps your post was intended for another thread.

**** off and load up your gun.

Next time, jump *this* high.

(does anyone know what he's on about?)