Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Snake Bite Fittings

On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 4:39:06 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 13:30:56 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 4:14:45 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 12:24:34 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

"I believe in doing things right and I like solid connections that
can not come apart."

But they can (and do) develop leaks.

Every added fitting introduces more potential for leaks.

My house PEX is ~ 21 years old and has never leaked. Less chances in a
home run to each water fixture from a manifold.

Tell that to the Paint Meister. He's the one that hates PEX.

I'll quote something he said in an earlier thread:

***** Begin Included Text *****

"PEX is for people who are too lazy to do REAL Plumbing. It's about the
same as running a garden hose to your sink, toilet, or whatever else. It
may seem durable and strong, but for how long? It's plastic, and like
all plastics, it has a limited life span. Some day in the future you'll
come home and find your house flooded because this plastic crap broke.

REAL PLUMBING is made from metal, and is a PIPE, not a HOSE!

But we live in a day and age when people worship plastics and dont want
to do any REAL work, or pay for REAL plumbing.

Pex is fine for a temporary means to get water from point A to point B,
but it's NOT a permanent plumbing. I might consider it for an outdoor
sprinkler system. but not for "piping" in my home. "

***** End Included Text *****

Pay no attention to the cow behind the curtain.

I quit paying real attention to him when he offered me what he called the "ideal" solution for an
issue I had, then later said it was a solution *he* wouldn't use and then plonked *me* when
I pointed out his contradiction.

Now I just like to screw with him.