Dave

Default ~28" RCA TV - no picture, sound works

Woohoo! Got it working, thanks for all the help guys. I really do
appreciate the time you took.

These things are great to work on, you'd swear they were designed just for
repairing. (kinda scary that way But it was so dead simple that I
couldn't believe it when it worked.

I went through and cleaned up several other kind of messy solders while I
had it open, not sure exactly what fixed it, but I'd guess it was the
L14401.

Thanks again,

Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi All,

I've got a ~28" RCA "Entertainment Series" TV. It's a little over 2 years
old (just out of warranty, of course), and the picture is totally gone.
Sound is working fine.

A couple days ago, I noticed when I turned it on, I heard what I assume is
some type of relay click (per normal), then a couple seconds later, it
clicked off again, and the tube never lit. I tried it 2x more times, and
the 2nd time it worked. I chalked it up to a quirk, but it left a bad
feeling in my stomach. Tonight I went to turn it on, I heard the click,
then it "clicked off" again. No picture it all, and picture never comes

up.
Ive tried leaving it unplugged for a couple hours, wondering if there was
some time-delay reset, but no such luck.

Anyone have some ideas on what might be wrong, and if there's an easy fix?
I'm hesitant to take it to a shop, but I should possibly do that. I'd

rather
just pop out the right fuse and be back in business.

TIA,

Dave