Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default A: How to glue polyethylene or polypropylene

On 10/3/2016 10:09 PM, wrote:

Recently, the Locktite brand has started retail marketing of a
product called "Plastix" that is a kit of surface activator and
compatible cyanoacrylate adhesive. The literature for Plastix
indicates it is suitable "even for" PE and PP.

I don't know how to post to this so I will ask the question here. I need to adhere a tape to a polyethylene sheet that will stick it onto another surface. Since I am dealing with tape heat is out of the question. Any suggestions.

What side of the tape has to stick to the PE sheet? With a household
iron you will be able to get the non-adhesive side of the tape to bond
to the PE and then use the sticky side to adhere to the other material.
Sandwich the tape between the sheet you want to bond to and another
release sheet. Not too hot or you just make a mess. We've done this at
work.