Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Retired!

On 9/16/2016 6:42 PM, wrote:

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 3:39:34 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:
Well, I retired on Friday. 'Finally had enough. So I went fishing this
weekend -- and I see that a lot of people here spent this nice weekend
blowing smoke at each other.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for a few days of .... more fishing. Then I'm
going somewhere else. I won't be back for a long while.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll be finding better ways to use my time. I
have a small boat to build before it gets cold. Hasta luego!

(if anyone wants to reach me, delete the "3" from my phony email
address above)

--
Ed Huntress

Some people actually plan for retirement by living on less than their
income. This allows for saving and investing.
If you save 65% of your income you can retire in less than 11 years.
If you save 50% of your income you can retire in 16 years.
If you save 35% of your income you can retire in 25 years.
If you don't save, you can retire on Social security.
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/...ly-retirement/
Mikek