Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sidwelle@gmail.com is offline

Default Installing 5" cans

On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 6:31:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:
We are remodeling and have chosen to install some 5" cans in the ceiling.

Went to Menards and found a couple of selections by Patriot and Sylvania.

Question:

What type is best to install for remodeling ? Of course all have the spring tabs that spread-out and hold against the dry-wall. But its seems there is the older style of large bare metal cans w/o the baffle included, and then some new styles that require a smaller hole and the baffle and trim are included ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

We went and sat down w/a designer and he stated that the trend right now is the 5" can lights and I think my girlfriend fell in love w/the look.

Menards and HomeDepot don't have much of a selection in 5". I will probably have to look somewhere else.