Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus4179 Ignoramus4179 is offline

Default Removing lock on a locked-open safe

On 2016-10-02, wrote:
Iggy
If I saw a locked safe with the hinges removed I would assume there
might be something of value inside. I would know that unlocking it was
dangerous because the very heavy unlocked door will fall out of the
safe. Take care!

Good point. Look at this pictu

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.c...81900.jpg.html

you will see that hinges are cut off on one side only. It is a bit
safer, the door with the lock will not fall.

It was a safe in their workshop, not the office, so I am hoping that
it may hold some expensive consumables like sewing needles or some
such. (it was a clothes sewing company)

We all know, of course, that cutting hinges off any half decent
fireproof safe will not open the doors.