Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retired!

On Sat, 01 Oct 2016 07:15:39 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Fri, 30 Sep 2016 21:37:08 -0700
On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 21:12:28 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:
I always said this about skiing equipment (where I actually know what I'm
doing) and tennis rackets (where I don't): if you suck, the equipment
doesn't matter, and if you're very good, it doesn't matter either.

vbg

Its kinds sorta true...for some value of "doesnt matter"..but if your
racket only has 5 loose strings in it...or your bindings are set
backwards....it can very much matter, no matter how good you are.

OTOH, if you know what you are doing, you know _why_ this thing
isn't working.

That's what I've always aimed for. The more you know about something,
the more likely it is that you know how it works and can fix it, fake
it, or just say '**** it' as necessary.

--
Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why
good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a