Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default New carpet preparation

"KenK" wrote in message
How do you measure for new carpet? To the nearest rounded foot, to the
next higher foot, to the next inch, convert inches in measurement to
decimal foot, ???

What about tack strips - all places where carpet touches a wall? Or are
there other places these should also be used?

How is carpet puchased? To the nearest square foot? Or is it rounded up
to the number of feet in standard carpet roll width - 20 ' or whatever?

How do you determine what thickness of padding to buy?

What else should I know while measuring?

Anything else I should have asked as a complete carpet purchasing tyro?

Material? Loop or cut? High or low? Sculpted? Fade resistance? Water,
mold & other bad stuff resistance? Et cetera.