James Sweet

Default ~28" RCA TV - no picture, sound works

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi All,

I've got a ~28" RCA "Entertainment Series" TV. It's a little over 2 years
old (just out of warranty, of course), and the picture is totally gone.
Sound is working fine.

A couple days ago, I noticed when I turned it on, I heard what I assume is
some type of relay click (per normal), then a couple seconds later, it
clicked off again, and the tube never lit. I tried it 2x more times, and
the 2nd time it worked. I chalked it up to a quirk, but it left a bad
feeling in my stomach. Tonight I went to turn it on, I heard the click,
then it "clicked off" again. No picture it all, and picture never comes

up.
Ive tried leaving it unplugged for a couple hours, wondering if there was
some time-delay reset, but no such luck.

Anyone have some ideas on what might be wrong, and if there's an easy fix?
I'm hesitant to take it to a shop, but I should possibly do that. I'd

rather
just pop out the right fuse and be back in business.

TIA,

Dave

Probably just a bad solder joint, unless you can solder reasonably well
don't even bother opening the thing up.