Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default How to create an EMERGENCY folder on a mobile device (and what toput inside)

On 10/1/2016 2:10 AM, Rod Speed wrote:
John McGaw wrote
Horace Algier wrote

Do you create an EMERGENCY folder on your mobile device (and what do you
put inside)?

Simple answer is: if you've been sensible and put a strong passcode on
your phone then anything in this EMERGENCY folder will be pretty much
useless unless someone manages to break into your phone if they lay hands
on it.

He's actually talking about what he uses himself in emergency situations.

All I do on my Android devices is to enter a 'lock screen message' which
shows my name, mailing address (P.O. Box, not actual street address) and
several emergency contact numbers.

That’s not the sort of emergency he is talking about.

Why a folder? There are multiple 'home' screens available and these
theoretically useful apps can just be placed on, lets say, the last one. As
one thinks of new possibilities they can be placed there and if they later
seem to be of less use they can be removed. I can't actually think of too
many apps that would be useful only in an emergency and only in an
emergency since they come in an infinite number of forms. Personally I keep
a 'daily' screen, a 'news and information' screen, a 'travel' screen, and
an 'entertainment' screen. Guess I could move some stuff around and have
'emergency' one at the end. Just me, I guess...