Dave

Default ~28" RCA TV - no picture, sound works

Thanks, I appreciate the concern.

I've left the tv unplugged since this morning for that very reason. Is it
not wise to assume that ~12 hours will drain pretty much everything in a
standard tv?

Dave

"Isildur's Bane" wrote in message
I strongly urge you not to work on your set then. I've taken a
professional course(1 year) and extra electronics (also another year),
and I have had plenty of minor shocks.

Don't let your first shock be the last....

Isildur's Bane

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:00:55 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

Thank you very much - I really appreciate you taking the time to

respond.

I'm a bit new to the TV game (my background is in computing and some

small
electronics), could you possibly give me some pointers on locating these
items?

Thanks again,

Dave

"Art" wrote in message
Remove L14401 in the base circuit of the horiz output. Clean all glue

off
leads and solder pads, reinsert the coil and resolder it to the pads.

Also
check soldering aroung LOPT.
"Dave" wrote in message
Whoops - I knew I forgot something:
Model: F27318
Chasis: CTC203AA5

Thanks again,

Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi All,

I've got a ~28" RCA "Entertainment Series" TV. It's a little over

2
years
old (just out of warranty, of course), and the picture is totally

gone.
Sound is working fine.

A couple days ago, I noticed when I turned it on, I heard what I

assume
is
some type of relay click (per normal), then a couple seconds later,

it
clicked off again, and the tube never lit. I tried it 2x more

times,
and
the 2nd time it worked. I chalked it up to a quirk, but it left a

bad
feeling in my stomach. Tonight I went to turn it on, I heard the

click,
then it "clicked off" again. No picture it all, and picture never

comes
up.
Ive tried leaving it unplugged for a couple hours, wondering if

there
was
some time-delay reset, but no such luck.

Anyone have some ideas on what might be wrong, and if there's an

easy
fix?
I'm hesitant to take it to a shop, but I should possibly do that.

I'd
rather
just pop out the right fuse and be back in business.

TIA,

Dave