Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retired!

On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 03:33:46 -0000 (UTC), Przemek Klosowski
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:16:34 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

It's like golf clubs or shotguns: you can spend unbelievable amounts of
money on it, but their performance and pleasure you'll get from it have
no relationship to how expensive your equipment is. And if you build
rods and find out that you don't really like it, it's a waste. Ovis
makes fly-fishing outfits that start at $170, and they have some that go
up into the thousands. Until you've been at it for a year or two, you
wouldn't recognize the difference.

I always said this about skiing equipment (where I actually know what I'm
doing) and tennis rackets (where I don't): if you suck, the equipment
doesn't matter, and if you're very good, it doesn't matter either.

vbg

--
Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why
good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a