Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Got me a Lincoln TIG 200

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 09:50:33 -0700
wrote:

snip
The pedal doesn't have the same feel as the old heavy one for the
Miller welder so I am not sure when I have stepped on it enough to
start the welder. This wouldn't be a problem except there is a slight
delay between stepping on the gas and the arc initiation. A couple
times I didn't think I pressed far enough and the arc started really
hot.

I'm guessing the gas pre-flow time may be causing your delay.

There are quite a few good youtube videos for this welder. Also videos
on the other settings that are new to you, cleaning, frequency...

I would like to have one but can't justify the cost verses how much I
would really use it...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b