Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default OT Yahoo breach

After serious thinking DerbyDad03 wrote :
On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 6:55:24 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
AL Thu, 29 Sep
2016 03:24:44 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

So my email leaves my email *server*, gets split up into numerous
pieces, those pieces follow different paths through various
*routers* and eventually get put back together at the destination
*server*.

You've copy/pasted a description of the basic concept of how the
internet works in what looks to be a desperate attempt to save
face...

Hold on a sec...you snipped something that *I* (DerbyDad03) posted in an
attempt to point out to Al exactly what you point out below:

"if someone did 'snoop', they MIGHT get a piece of an email, or a PIECE of
the header that goes to the email."

You'll see that immediately following that statement I queried of Al:

"Excluding the source and destination *servers*, where is the potential for
my email to be intercepted in that scenario?"

I'm on your side. Al is confused as to how the internet works but doesn't
seem to want to admit his ignorance.

In my interpretation of Diesel's post, he included you in the
'clued-in' crowd. AL seems to be a computer tech without all that much
network tech knowledge. Not that that is any kind of sin or anything.
Diesel seems to have 'no love' for computer techs who haven't earned
their chops, especially when they offer advice which they shouldn't.