Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool light question

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:01:38 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 05:18:55 +0100, wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 01:28:59 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 00:53:42 +0100, wrote:

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 22:37:02 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 21:10:37 +0100, Oren wrote:

Do in ground pool lights use conduit or just the wires buried deep
below the surface? I have a side view drawing of the pool when
constructed but it doesn't show electrical wires ,just a side view of
the pool.

Just use armoured cable, like the cable used to supply the house with power. I've used normal flex before, but it rots or gets eaten by something.

That would drain your pool. The pool light conduit is flooded by pool
water.

Not the bit where the electrical connections go.

The conduit goes directly into the wet niche and the cord to the lamp
runs through the flooded conduit. That is why the junction box has to
be elevated above the water line. There is pool water in the conduit.

What a weird idea. I'd design the lamp housing with the wire coming out the back, sealed off from the water.

The lamp housing is sealed but the conduit the cord runs through is
flooded