IMM

Default Any 240v Drill / Driver recommendations?

"BillR" wrote in message
TonyK wrote:
"BillR" wrote in message
BillR wrote:
TonyK wrote:
Hi

Can anyone recommend a decent 240v drill / driver? Its primary use
will be as a driver as I already have numerous mains and cordless
drills. I need something that will put up with more or less
constant use with a variable clutch so it can be used for light
and heavy fixings.

Price wise about £100, any suggestions?

Thanks

Tony

Bosch PSB750-2RE which is a remarkable £53.10 right now in
Homebase's 10% off weekend.

Oops! went to buy one and it isn't the model I was thinking of. The
above is not good for screwdrivering. The model I had in mind is the
PSB750-2RPE which seems to be £99.99 in most places.

Done a few googles and looked on SF, Axminster & Bosch UK. Can't find
this particular model anywhere, do you have a link? Does it have a
clutch and adjustable torque?

Thanks

Tony

Its important to have the P in the part number. This is "Bosch Power
Control" which has settings for screwdrivering. My son has one and its

very
good. It doesn't run at full tilt when you start to screw but has a soft
start which is easy to control.
However, the problem with using a big mains power drill for screwing is

that
they are unwieldy and the places where you can use it are therefore

limited.
Must be even worse with the qvc attachment..

When you are doing heavy driving (1000s of screws) a battery drill can't
cope, neither can the batteries unless you have three on the charge all at
once. A simple variable speed cheapy is far more powerful. A cheap small
variable speed mains drill and the QVC attachment is a far better, and cost
effective, option.

If you want the drill mainly for screwing then a good cordless with 2
batteries would be better

Been there and done it. My battery drills are Bosch with two 1 hours charge
batteries and couldn't cope.

---