Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Shutting off solar lights

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 05:11:22 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa
wrote:

On some of them, I remove the battery, and may even charge it during the
winter. Some are easy to take apart and remove the battery. Others are
complicated and difficult. I usually just do the easy ones, or I end up
with a pile of parts that need to be reassembled in Spring. Although
most of these lights are fairly cheap, I buy the ones that I like the
look of, and since I have a large amount of them, replacing them can get
costly and I will lose the ones I like.

If only they still put switches on them........

Since most people leave them out all year...that should be your solution!

I have a few mounted on the house and porch railing, they do stay out
all year. But those on the ground along the sidewalk would all be
destroyed with snow shovels, snow blowers, and people walking on them
because they are under the snow.