Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OT Yahoo breach

AL Thu, 29 Sep
2016 03:24:44 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

So my email leaves my email *server*, gets split up into numerous
pieces, those pieces follow different paths through various
*routers* and eventually get put back together at the destination
*server*.

You've copy/pasted a description of the basic concept of how the
internet works in what looks to be a desperate attempt to save
face...

http://techin.oureverydaylife.com/in...rvers-routers-
5085.html

Excluding the source and destination *servers*, where is the
potential for my email to be intercepted in that scenario?

"your message, or at least little chunks of your message, travels
through an indeterminate set of systems and network devices, each
of which offers a point of interception. These systems may be
owned or operated by corporations and non-profit organizations, by
colleges, by governments and government agencies, or by telecom
and other connectivity providers. Given such a widely divergent
group, it is easy to see how either an unethical organization or a
renegade employee may easily gain access to the messages and
traffic crossing their systems. All of these factors combine to
make the Internet itself the primary source of message
interception points."

Umm, based on what you've copy pasted (how many hours have you been
using a search engine to try to support your argument?) if someone
did 'snoop', they MIGHT get a piece of an email, or a PIECE of the
header that goes to the email. Since as you put it, the pieces take
different 'routes' on their way. So if they're 'snooping' on their
own network, they won't get the entire email. I'm just going by what
you carefully pasted here. [g]

You should stop digging that hole now. It's deep enough.

--
People you encounter every day are fighting battles you know nothing
about. Be kind.