Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT; It's been a funny old day....

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 14:36:37 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 September 2016 14:05:25 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
All equipment in the USA has to pass the FCC or it can't be sold.
https://www.fcc.gov/engineering-tech.../faq/rf-safety

How does that fit in with your ideal that any country can sell to any
other without restriction?

Surely it's up to the buy to restrict NOT the seller. That why we have
customs who decide using the UK law on what's allowed and what isn't
into the country.

Do you then think UK goods should get round that ban?

Depending on the ban, bans can get circumvented.

But it is a prime example of such things. Any trade agreement between
two countries would likely result in a common standard for such
things. Exactly as in the EU.

You mean the common standard between the UK and the USA .

You mean the way we can't export to Brazil because it has to go
through
the EU.

Nice to have it confirmed you either don't read or understand posts on
that matter.

So come on then if you're such a genius at this, explain it,

Everyone who commented did. IT WAS BRAZIL THAT CHOSE
TO IMPOSE TARIFFS ON WHAT WAS IMPORTED INTO BRAZIL,
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATEVER TO DO WITH THE EU.

but you haven't a clue have you.

Its you that have never had a ****ing clue about why that
stuff wasnt exported to Brazil, even after almost everyone
who didnt just ignore your **** rubbed your nose in the basics.