Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 10:06:10 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 18:32:10 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

AMC used a lot weird stuff. I was never sure if they designed their
vehicles around other manufacturer's parts or if they designed their
vehicles first and then found parts to fit ;-)

If I recall correctly, there was more than one starter listed for my '66
Ambassador 990, each with a different bolt pattern.

My favorite: The vacuum booster pump cap for the fuel pump to keep the
windshield wiper speed fairly constant while accelerating. My booster pump
died so I just bypassed it. Getting on the expressway during a rainstorm
was always an adventure. Thank God for Rain-X!

I had a couple AMCs, a 72 Jeep when they owned the brand and a 71
Gremlin, I got as a gift (AKA broke down in my driveway and
abandoned). The Gremlin had that 232ci 6 that fouled the #5 plug about
every 2000 miles. You could just clean it and put it right back in. A
new one fouled just about as fast. I got to the point where I could
swap the plug at a long light. I kept a handful in the glove
compartment. It was basically a POS car but I still put 50,000 miles
on it and sold it for $500. I tossed the factory radio right away and
put in a JIL AM/FM/8 track, CB.
I do think they cobbled together a lot of off the shelf parts. The
transmission was a Borg Warner, Ignition was Delco but the engines
were AMC.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/gremlin2.jpg

This isn't mine, but it's the same car, same color:

http://www.automotivetimelines.com/c...% 20Photo.jpg

My favorite feature was the "Lay Down Rambler" seats. Again, not my car.

https://walkingwithstefan.files.word...pg?w=549&h=308

Delbert McClinton B-Movie Boxcar Blues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVxorhmYADc

Next I caught a ride with a gambler's wife
She had a brand new lay down Rambler
She parked outside of town
And laid the rambler down
And said she sure could dig it if I rode her