Posted to alt.home.repair
lynn lynn is offline

Default Cleaning Leaves out of Mulch Beds

replying to RockyCJC, lynn wrote:
I too have wasted a lot of good mulch by raking and blowing leaves off the
mulch and even then it's impossible to get all the leaves out of the mulch.
Last year I covered the entire area of mulch with a fine netting that I found
in the garden section of Home Depot. I have no idea what the netting was
supposed to be used for but it worked for me. It took a while to get the
netting around all the bushes but it wasn't all that difficult. I just had to
layer some of it . The netting came in rolls and included plastic stakes that
I used around the edges and a few throughout the area to keep the netting in
place. It worked perfectly for the 3 months I kept it on until all the leaves
were done falling and it was super easy to take off and throw away. The best
part was that I could use my leaf blower on high speed to blow all the leaves
away and out of the bushes as well without losing a bit of mulch. Sorry I
don't know the name of the product but I think anything of this nature would
work and it was very, very cheap. ($2 to $3 per roll) I really wish someone
would patent a product specifically for this use.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ds-176578-.htm