Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Pool light question

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:04:32 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:56:26 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

What does RSC stand for, please?

http://www.westinghouselighting.com/light-bulbs/halogen-bulbs/double-ended/300-watt-t3-halogen-light-bulb-0477600.aspx

https://tinyurl.com/j8kaks2

RSC = Recessed single contact

Thanks. I'm now looking for an LED that will work in the RSC base.
What would be the LED wattage equivalent for 300 Watt halogen?

I doubt you will have any luck finding a LED replacement for a 300w halogen T3 RSC bulb. That seems like
quite an odd duck for a for a pool light.

If I were in your position, I would identify the Light fixture currently in your pool and see if I could find,
on eBay or Amazon, a replacement fixture that would fit your existing niche and that would accept an LED bulb.
I just can't imaging ****ing away that much power for a single pool illumination light bulb.

Depending upon your current light niche, I am finding quite a few fixtures for $100 - $150. I am now going to
bow out and leave any further detective work up to you, good luck.