Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hazmat fees when buying supplies

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 12:42:08 -0500, Ignoramus18005

On 2016-09-27, Randy333 wrote:
Any way around these stupid fees? I got a $5.00 fee on some TIG
welding rod. Cut me a break, it's just copper plated steel.

Do online suppliers pull this crap? Maybe if I threaten to buy all my
stuff online I can get these local guys to leave off the fees.

Some businesspeople love to add "fees" on top of "prices", as it makes
them feel that customers will not notice the "fees". Treat the fee as
price and shop for lowest price on comparable products. I generally
agree with your indignation.

Ditto, and I almost immediately start shopping elsewhere (when
possible) when those fees start suddenly appearing.

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson