Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default after installing toilet found too close to wall,H20 tank wont fitright, need 2in+

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 2:41:55 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
Moe DeLoughan posted for all of us...

On 4/26/2016 12:04 AM, wrote:
My tolit tank does not fit its 1/2ways in the wall

Sounds like you didn't measure the rough-in before purchasing your
toilet. The the rough-in is the distance from the wall behind the
toilet to the middle of the waste pipe the toilet will fit over. The
current standard is a 12-inch rough-in, but older homes often have a
10-inch rough-in. You should always measure the rough-in before buying
a new toilet, to make sure you get one that will fit the space.

You'll need to pull the toiler and purchase one that fits the space.
Your local store may have one in stock, or they may have to special
order it for you. If it's a two-piece toilet, you could look for a
smaller, narrower tank designed to fit toilets in mobile homes or RVs
and see if you can make it fit to the existing stool portion of your
current toilet. But installing a toilet sized to fit the space is the
best bet.

He could also try an offset flange in desperation...

--
Tekkie

We put in a bunch of them at work, in a dorm.

Bad idea. Now we're ripping them all out and redoing. Kept getting backed up toilets.