Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Wood Storage

On 9/27/2016 6:43 AM, Sonny wrote:
Hah! I'm wondering if Puck is, also, asking about something he's not admitting to, that he's as guilty, as some of us (hoarders!), that we tend to keep all sorts of "scrap" and it starts to overwhelm our storage/work areas.

Some of my various storage systems are.... disorganized. Lots of smaller (length) stuff is best described as just heaped in areas, some horizontal, some vertical. I'm not qualified to recommend a racking system.... *unless, maybe, you want a system that racks.

Some of you guys sure have a clean shop. Is that normal?

That sheet good rack does look good, though. For my scenario, I'd be tempted to put heavy duty casters on it, to move it out or out of the way, when needed. I have an area in the shop's garage (lots of sheet goods) that could use a wheeled cart. Maybe, center casters lower, than on the ends, to turn on a dime?

Yep, as you see below, you're right about pack rat creep.

Thought about casters when designing/building it, but my shop is so
small there is no place to move it to:

https://goo.gl/photos/czP1sb2qAHAD9UCv9

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com