Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default fake air compressor aftercooler?

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 14:48:33 -0700 (PDT), freak
wrote:

I broke the aftercooler off of my air compressor the other day. It's a 20cfm import aluminum pump with a cast iron jug. While contemplating fixes I thought about the usefulness of this aftercooler. The point of the aftercooler is to condense moisture out of the air and keep it out of the tank. The way this is designed, the moisture (even if it had the capacity to condense any moisture which I doubt) has no where to go. Any moisture trapped in the first bend would eventually turn back into vapor and make it to the tank. I think this aftercooler is just there for looks. It's just to make the compressor seem more valuable to uneducated buyers (which I guess I was). Opinions?

Link to aftercooler image...

http://imgur.com/a/nGuWm

They actually do chill the air enough to condense the water. How well
that piece of crap ....er...compressor does it...remains to be seen.

---