Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Plug socket"

On Friday, 23 September 2016 21:04:03 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 20:41:15 +0100, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 23 September 2016 19:16:22 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

I know about 10 people locally with Dysons. 9 of them said they're **** and that important parts fell off or seized up (usually the motor or clutch fails catastrophically). The 1 that likes them has a husband who is constantly repairing it! I saw it once, it was covered in tape and clamps to hold it together. And it's only 4 years old.

Mine has rubbish suction after 10 years. I've taken almost all of it apart without finding anything amiss or bunged up. I CBA to take the motor assembly apart, everything else has been examined and found fine.

That happens to every vacuum and is a complete mystery to mankind.

Normally it's sorted by a cleanout, especially the bag filter

My Vax is 25 years old (nothing's broken except one of the brushes, which I replaced on Ebay for a fiver). But the suction isn't as good as I think it used to be, maybe my memory is at fault. I HAVE taken the motor apart, and everything looks fine. All the filters are clean etc aswell. I don't know why it would suck less. I assume motors can't get weaker with age?

no

I doubt I'll get another, though for £20 I can't complain.

£20 for a Dyson?

I had said I'd never get one, but at that price I went for it. It has disappointed on suction, and is excessively heavy, but manouvres well.

NT