Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default OT; It's been a funny old day....

On 26/09/2016 10:35, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 15:02:11 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article m,
dennis@home wrote:
Shell scrapped their pay at the pump as they make more money selling
Costas at £3 a cup, Volvic at £1.50 a litre and a sandwich at £3 than
selling fuel.

You can buy fuel in Shell garages using your phone instead of pay at
pump.

Whatever happened to the 'do not use your mobile phone in a filling
station', then? Do you drive off and pay later? ;-)

I know Mythbusters busted it a while back ... total bollox nowadays (may
have been true in the past).

Mythbusters didn't test for the real reason mobiles are banned.

I suspect the biggest danger if from dropping your phone and the battery
subsequently blowing up and taking the fuel with it.
Some phones don't even need dropping!