Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default DIY - a step too far

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 22 September 2016 20:40:47 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 21 September 2016 20:10:01 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

not something that does lots of things badly

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

I watch TV on a 60in screen, not on a poxy phone.

Irrelevant to what can be handy at times
when waiting around for something.

I wouldnl't watch a movie on a phone while
hanging around waiting for something.

More fool you.

I have much better things to do during such times.

If I watch a film I prefer to sit down and watch it when I have
the time allocated that's what the majoroty of noram people do.

Irrelevant to what can be handy at times when
you need to wait around for something.

it can be handy, so in other words mot very likely.

Although sometimes when I'm ****ed off in teh morning
waiting for a bus I think to myself why don't I watch a
season of game of thrones while I'm waiting.

Or listen to a TED lecture etc and be able to check a lecture slide
at
times
etc.

I'd find it more useful to be able to cook a sunday lunch while
waiting
for a bus.
I don't mind listening to audio podcasts but not video or playing
games.
I prefer to be mentally and physically alert when out and about.

You are much more alert when not listening to a podcast.

yes I know that's why I don;t listen to them when out and about.
In fact I very rarely carry an iPod perhaps once or twice a year I go
out
with it and that's uaully to take it someonewhere for a particualar
reason.

3 studetns today have reported bikes going
along the road snatching mobile phones.

Cant snatch mine,

They can.

Not from a bike going along a road they cant.

Why not.

Because it is deep in my pocket and I can
shove the ****er over into the traffic if he
is actually stupid enough to try and rob me.

Do you think you are immune from being robbed.

Yep, when they try and rob me that way.

Bike gangs have gone into jewlery stores and
stolen 1000s worth with crowbars and hammers
and thatr;'s without needeing a weapon like a gun.

Those trying to grab a phone from someone on
the street from a bike dont have anything like that.

Anything can get snatched.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-watch-1590666

That isnt from a bike going along a road.

and on the plus side it means that you can talk to yuorsaelf or the
voices
in your head and people will think you are talking on the phone ;-)

They think I am talking to them when I'm not.

I've never had anyone assume I am talking to someone
on the phone when I am actually talking to them,

Well hopefully not, but how do they
know you aren't talking to them ?

From what you say, stupid.

presumably because most of them dont realise that I can
actually use the headset to talk to people on the phone
and they assume I can only listen to music etc on it.

Maybe some assume that, those that have
never seen or heard of mobile phones.

There is no one like that anymore.

None of your even sillier **** worth bothering with, all flushed where it