Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default DIY - a step too far

In article ,
Simon Mason scribeth thus
On Sunday, 25 September 2016 10:59:17 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Our lass has one, but she only uses it for
texts as it costs real money for anything else.

No it doesnt. Plenty of mobile plans that cost less
per month for unlimited texts and calls than a landline.

In fact some I know have just a mobile because it costs significantly
less per month than a landline and can be used anywhere.

My landline is bundled with the WiFi and costs £40 pm and my wife and daughters
can all use it which saves them on mobile charges. When we get Lightstream it
will fly like a jet as it will be the fastest in the UK.

http://bit.ly/2ctTTOB

Well we already have 200 meg here and that in reality is fast enough.
They are talking about 300 meg or more, And its only limited on the up
stream the down isn't, all via co-ax and fibre and VM..

Amazing how Kingston telecom can get fibre rolled out like that and Bt
can't..

Why?..
--
Tony Sayer