Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; It's been a funny old day....

On 25/09/16 20:10, critcher wrote:
On 24/09/16 21:10, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

On Saturday, 24 September 2016 17:00:52 UTC+1, David Lang wrote:
Popped into Toolstation for two keyed alike padlocks.

I popped into Wickes for some waste pipe.

None on the display. Ask at the counter: computer says yes; they have
10 in
stock. Human goes to the back to find them: human phones the counter;
none in
stock.

At Morrison's last week:

Me (to M-girlie): Where can I find condensed milk.

M-girlie: What's condensed milk?

Me: It comes in tins and is very sweet.

M-girlie (after some of what passes for thought) then points me at the
shelf with long-life milk.

Later I ask an older assistant, who correctly points me at the section
with stuff for making puddings/desserts.

Now try asking them for a squash....

Why did you not know that???

Not know what?

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.